Bullying Prevention Hotline
Bullying Prevention & School Crime
Anonymous Tip Line
About A.I. High
Located at 50 Hillside Road, Greenville, Alexis I. duPont High School was founded in 1893. Originally housed at 3130 Kennett Pike, the school moved to its present location in 1966. The provider of secondary education in the former Alexis I. duPont School District until 1978, it is now one of five high schools in the Red Clay Consolidated School District. Building on a tradition of excellence, Alexis I. duPont High School welcomes the challenges of the twenty-first century.
Alexis I du Pont High School offers an enriching and rigorous academic program where students will become self-directed individuals able to thrive in an ever-changing technological world. A.I. provides a safe and stimulating learning environment with opportunities to engage in school and community service. A.I. emphasizes integrity, respect for diversity, and pride in education to prepare students for success in the 21st century.
We believe that:
- Excellence is achievable and always worth the investment.
- The most effective learning environment is one in which staff and students are actively engaged.
- Students must be equipped with life-long learning tools to succeed in a changing society.
- Each person has unique talents and perspectives that contribute to the value of the school community.
- All students can positively impact their community.
- Students, family, school staff, community, and government share the responsibility for advancing the school mission.
The Bengal Tiger
Royal Blue and Gold
“Stand Upright and Endure”
THE GOLD AND BLUE
The Alexis I. duPont Alma Mater
Alexis I., we bring to thee devotion tried and true.
With Honor, faith and loyalty, your standards we’ll imbue.
And when we think in later life of years we spent with you,
Then from within our hearts you’ll hear, hail to the Gold and Blue.
THE FIGHT SONG
Oh, we’re from old Alexis. We’re not as big as Texas,
But we’ve got what it takes to make a name!
We’ve got lots of spirit and you’re gonna hear it,
When we win this (football) game!*
Oh, there’s a time for learning, but now it’s time for turning
To our team who will get us what we want!
Yes, our foes will suffer, when they see we’re tougher
From Alexis I. duPont!
*(soccer), (basketball), (volleyball), (wrestling), (baseball), (hockey), etc.